Peak into the project i’m working on at the moment :)
This was a project for my first minor of the year. The brief was called ‘Poetic Interpretation’ and the aim was to choose a poem and interpret it visually in the form of an animation. Over summer I had tried hard to learn the basics of After Effects as it is a usual tool for designers which I had no knowledge of. After learning the software I chose this project to put my learning into practice. You could say this is a bit risky as it’s in my final year, but I have to start somewhere. I chose the poem ‘Bear in There’ by Shel Silverstein because it was a fast, fun poem that when I read it out brought a smile to peoples faces, it was a poem for children and had many possible visuals to use. I wanted to try and integrate my illustration style into the animation so chose to make an animation using my vector illustrations as a base. This did prove to be a lot harder than I thought and took days and weeks of learning via tutorials, tweaking keyframes and experimenting with camera angles. I still wouldn’t say this is the final animation, there are still certain things that need changing, but it’s getting to a point now where I feel I can show it for now. Possibly get some feedback from people. I’m struggling with final adjustments now to make it more polished, but i’m sure over the coming weeks I can get them sorted.
The audio for the piece was kindly provided to me by Jasmine Carter. Which I’m very grateful for.
Really struggled with the camera. Any help would be appreciated
What do people think?
Long time since i’ve put any work up on here. I’ve been working all term on my minor and major project. The minor being an animation that still needs tweaks. The major a consortina booklet on Greek Mythology for young children at school. A booklet that provides the basics to a young school child interested in learning about the Gods and monsters. It’s getting there now and hopefully soon I can get it finished and printed properly. For now here is a few of the illustrations for a closer look and a plan of the final booklet. The illustrations are duotone in a terracotta and charcoal black to represent the artistic illustrations that the ancient greeks made into their pottery at the time about their gods.
I did a quick piece of work for Trent TV Music last week. They wanted a new short ident for the ‘University Sessions’, much like Trent TV base last year had the text and speaker animate around the screen and settle in the corner and stay with an opacity over the video. I chose to make it specific to university sessions and made the logo an acoustic guitar. It was a quick bit of work, but I think works really nicely, and was nice to see some more work for Trent TV come out :)
These are the front and back of my business cards for my self branding project. Looking forward to seeing them printed.
I’m currently working on a self branding project to promote myself to companies for internships in the summer. I have picked a site that has a very clean portfolio type look, so I can show my work in a clear and concise way. I’m really happy with it, but it’s only just the start, I want to constantly improve it as I get a bit more comfortable with the coding. I’ve only changed some basic things at the moment. Please take a look:
This is my final for the Penguin Design Awards, The brief was to create a book cover for The Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales. I was a bit lost for ideas initially, but after getting inspiration from previous book covers, I decided to focus my book cover on the tale of Snow White & Rose Red, as previous had focused on little red riding hood. I chose to represent the two sisters by the colours of the rose. One side white, the other red. The thorns represent the fact that these may be fairy tales, but they are not as friendly as they look, it is like a warning. I’m pretty happy with the final, as it is far better than my initial design that I considered a ‘final’.
Well it’s taken a long time to upload as I was waiting for the D&AD student awards competition to close. My brief was to create three A2 posters for Ministry of Sounds famous Saturday Sessions night. Each poster displayed the information for each months listings for the nights. The selected months were september, october, november. My concept for the posters was based on the feeling of the bass as you entered the club. September represents the feeling as you are on the way to the club, the excitement is building but the party hasn’t started yet, the blue represents this. October represents being in the queue for the club, the blue turns to a more ambient purple, the buzz begins as you hear the bass vibrating through the walls. Finally it’s November the purple erupts into a vibrant pink, you’ve entered the club, the music is surging through your body and the excitement has hit the roof. They work as a series as well as individually which mean they can work around the elephant & castle area, and on the side of the club.
Collaboration project between me and Tom Gould. A5 booklet given advice for mental health issues for students. Looking forward to seeing it printed.